1. Collection of personal data
(1) This data protection notice contains information on the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data are all data that are personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
(2) The responsible party under Art. 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Keep Fighting Foundation gGmbH
c/o Flick Gocke Schaumburg PartG mbB
Managing Director: Sabine Kehm
Contact: email firstname.lastname@example.org / fax +49 32 12 888 11 08
Commercial register entry: Local court of Bonn HRB 23064
(3) When you contact us by email or through a contact form, we save the data you provide (your email address, name and telephone number) so that we can answer your questions. We delete those data when it is no longer necessary to save them, or, if we are required by law to retain them, we restrict our processing.
(4) If we use the services of third-party providers for certain functions of the website, or if we would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will notify you as described in detail below. The period for which your data are stored is set according to the criteria described.
2. Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in connection with your personal data:
– The right to be informed
– The right to rectification or deletion
– The right to restrict processing
– The right to object to processing (see under § 8 below)
– The right to data portability
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority, eventually the one which is the competent one for us, about how we process your personal data.
The supervisory authority responsible for us is the
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
D - 40213 Düsseldorf
3. Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) If you visit the website merely for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register or provide us with any other information, we store only the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. For technical reasons, we require the following data to provide access to our website and to ensure stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point f GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of enquiry
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Data volume transferred
– Website from which the request originated
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of browser software
Personal data are deleted from the server after 7 days.
(2) So-called "cookies" are used on our website. These simplify and speed up the management of your visit to our website. You can deactivate the acceptance of cookies in the settings of most browsers. In addition, you can manage your consent to technically unnecessary cookies (hereafter type 2) via the cookie manager displayed, which can also be called up at [https://keepfightingfoundation.orgg.ms/...].
We divide cookies into the following categories:
- Absolutely necessary cookies (type 1): These cookies are absolutely necessary for the functions of the websites. Without these cookies, we would not be able to offer you services such as the vehicle configurator, for example.
- Functional cookies (type 2): These cookies make the websites easier to use and improve their functions. For example, we store your language settings in function cookies.
We use the following cookies on our website:
- _language (type 2).
This cookie stores the country code of the country from which you are calling up the website. This allows the content to be displayed in your language. Storage period: ?
- PHPSESSID (type 1)
This cookie assigns an anonymised ID (session ID) to your device for the duration of your visit in order to bundle several related requests to the server and assign them to one session. Storage duration: End of browser session.
- _csrf (type 1)
This cookie ensures a secure transaction when submitting forms. Storage period: end of the browser session.
(3) For reasons of security and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as enquiries that you send to us as the site operator, this site uses SSL encryption. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol in your browser line. If SSL encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot generally be read by third parties.
On our website we use links to the social networks Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram in a way that does not establish any direct connection between your browser and the server of the social network in question. The symbols of the relevant social networks appearing on our websites are simple links to our own pages on these networks. Responsibility for ensuring operation in compliance with data protection regulations rests with the individual network providers.
(1) You can sign up to receive our “Join #TeamMichael” newsletter, which contains interesting current offers. The products and services advertised are shown in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the double-opt-in procedure for our mailing list: After you sign up, we send an email to the address you provide, asking you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. We also store your IP address and the time you sign up and confirm. This procedure enables us to trace your registration and to resolve any misuse of your personal data.
(3) Only your email address is required to sign up for the newsletter. After receiving confirmation from you, we will save your email address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis for this is Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point a GDPR.
(4) We use the newsletter software Newsletter2Go. Your data will be transmitted to Newsletter2Go GmbH. Newsletter2Go is not permitted to sell your data or to use them for purposes other than sending newsletters. Newsletter2Go is a certified service provider based in Germany that was selected in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR and the German Federal Data Protection Act. Further information is available at: https://www.newsletter2go.com/information-for-newsletter-recipients/
(5) You can unsubscribe from the newsletter and revoke your consent to receive the newsletter at any time. You can do this in three ways: (1) click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any newsletter email; (2) send an email to email@example.com; (3) contact the address shown in the legal notice.
(6) We will evaluate your user behavior when we send the newsletter. The emails we send contain web beacons or tracking pixels: images of 1×1 pixel in size that are embedded in our website. For the evaluation, we link the data mentioned in § 3 and the web beacons with your email address and an individual ID. Links embedded in the newsletter also contain this ID. With the collected data we create a user profile that enables us to tailor the newsletter to your interests. We do this by storing information on when and from where you read the newsletter and which links you click on. We then link this to information on how you use our website.
Tracking is not possible if you have selected the “block images” option in your email program. In that case, you will not see the images in the newsletter and may not be able to use all of the functions. If you manually select “show images”, we will track as described above.
We use tracking to analyze and regularly improve use of our newsletter. The statistics obtained from this allow us to optimize our content and to make it more interesting for you. The legal basis for the use of the tracking is provided by Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point f GDPR.
We store this data for  and then delete it.
We do not use automated decision-making including profiling pursuant to Article 22(1) and (4) DS-GVO.
7. Voluntariness of the provision of personal data
The provision of the aforementioned personal data is always voluntary. However, for technical reasons, you cannot use our website without an IP address. The same applies to our newsletter, which we cannot send to you without your e-mail address.
8. Right of objection and revocation
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DS-GVO, insofar as there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying a particular situation. If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Right of amendment
(1) We reserve the right to amend this data protection notice with future effect when we amend our website or if required to do so due to technical or statutory changes.
(2) This is the current version of the data protection notice as of March 2022.